Encord is a London-based startup building a comprehensive training data solution for computer vision AI applications. We are backed by CRV, Y Combinator Continuity, the Harvard Management Company, top industry executives, and other leading Bay Area investors.
Started by ex-computer scientists, physicists, and quants, we felt firsthand how the lack of tools to prepare quality training data was impeding the progress of building practical AI. AI feels to us like what the early days of computing or the internet must have felt like, where the potential of the technology is clear, but the tools and processes surrounding it are terrible. We have devised a unique methodology for automating the tasks related to preparing quality training data, in effect turning the training data problem into a data science problem.
We are looking for an experienced full stack engineer to help us build delightful features fuelling state-of-the-art AI applications. You will also:
• Work with our wider tech stack to own and solve problems from end-to-end
• Collaborate closely with the business teams to understand and solve our customers’ pain points
• Be the clue between dedicated frontend and backend developers to ensure that new features are delivered consistently and that engineering
standards are upheld across the many codebases and processes you will encounter
The role will be exposed to a broad tech stack (e.g. ReactJS, Python, REST & GraphQL, OpenCV, PyTorch, GCP, AWS & CUDA, Kubernetes) and the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning.
The right candidate will have proven experience working as a full stack software engineer. Experience with any of the following is a plus:
• Stitching together many and large distributed services and processes
• ReactJS (incl. Hooks) & Redux, ES6+, HTML5, TypeScript
• Tornado or Django; Relational database systems (e.g. PostgreSQL); Docker