Our client specialises in providing Occupational Hygiene and MCerts / UKAS Accredited stack emission monitoring services. Their mission is to deliver a comprehensive range of professional, high quality monitoring, testing, inspection and technical consultancy services throughout the UK and Europe.
The company works with clients to assist them in their compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation by assessing operator exposure to airborne contaminants and physical factors in the workplace.
Due to continued growth, Cirrus Environmental Solutions Ltd are seeking to recruit a Graduate / Trainee to join our dynamic team as an Environmental Emissions Monitoring Engineer. No previous experience is necessary as full training will be given.
This post can offer fast career progression, through a formal training framework. The successful candidate will work through the Environment Agency’s MCerts Qualifications in Stack Emission Monitoring. A pay increment is associated with every successful examination completion.
The vast majority of their work is in the North East of England, therefore the ideal candidate should be based in this area or willing to relocate.
· Preparation and calibration of environmental monitoring equipment
· Driving to clients’ sites
· Completion of risk assessments and clients’ inductions
· Setting up equipment at sampling locations (these can be outdoors and at height)
· Assist in the operation of manual and instrumental analysers to determine concentrations of pollutants in stack gases
· Collection of supporting production data from client
· Communicate clearly with clients, environmental regulators and colleagues
· Labelling and shipping of collected samples to external laboratories
· Working in line with our UKAS / MCerts accredited quality management system
Skills / Qualifications:
· A keen interest in environmental regulation / monitoring and industrial processes
· A full driving license is essential as travel, including overnight stays, will be required on occasion
· A good level of education such as A-Levels minimum / BSc Environmental Science / Chemistry
· Must be comfortable working outdoors and at heights; this role can be physically strenuous and mentally challenging
· Good team player with a positive attitude and willingness to learn
· Confident with Microsoft Excel
· A competitive salary and pension scheme
· 24 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
· Employee benefits scheme
· Annual team building events and challenge days
· An excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to forge a rewarding career in the environmental monitoring sector