Our client is a Chartered Accountancy firm which provides a range of advisory services to clients across multiple sectors.
Ever wondered what happens to those tips and service charges that you might pay when you eat out? Here’s your opportunity to work with many of the UK’s leading hospitality businesses ensuring that those tips are dealt with fairly, legally and transparently. One of their leading services to clients is their Employee Rewards solutions for the hospitality industry, otherwise known as “Tronc solutions”. This is their fastest growing business area with a team of 20 and growing year on year. Their client base includes Michelin starred restaurants, celebrity chefs, High Street groups and 5-star hotels.
They are looking to scale up their operations and are seeking motivated and numerate graduates to undertake full training with them in a view to progressing through to supervisory and management positions. Whilst this differs from a traditional accountancy traineeship, it offers its own unique career path and they offer a range of development opportunities to support you to reach your career objectives. Typical career trajectories are in people management, IT/data project management and employment taxes.
After initial training you will be able to deliver tronc solutions for your own portfolio of clients, correctly calculating rewards for employees of our clients according to their own scheme rules and in line with the relevant legislation. As you learn and progress you will gradually undertake more responsibility, managing budgets and building positive client relationships.
· Delivering exceptional service to clients: working professionally and accurately to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and maintaining proactive and positive communications with clients via email and phone
· Reviewing and analysing data from the client, processing allocations of tips and service charges (‘tronc’) according to criteria in place for the individual client, and in line with legislative requirements
· Working predominantly on Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and maintaining excellent records using the company’s virtual filing system
· Following clearly defined team processes to ensure utmost client service levels and consistency across the team
· Planning and prioritising own workload to ensure deadlines are met
· Working closely with colleagues and managers to ensure client work is delivered efficiently and effectively, and stepping in to support others as required during peaks of pressure
· Liaising with external stakeholders such as payroll providers to ensure joined up service
– A natural aptitude for numbers (minimum A level maths or equivalent) and a good eye for detail
– Self motivated with a sound work ethic
– Able to juggle competing demands and organise work according to deadlines and priorities, whilst remaining calm under pressure
– Excellent interpersonal skills, an interest in business and/or hospitality, and understanding of client needs
– Excellent command of English, written and verbal, in order to ensure effective communication with clients and internally
– Comfortable in working with Microsoft Office products, mainly excel, outlook and word. A good command of excel is particularly required; advanced level excel with knowledge and experience of using VLookups and Pivot tables is highly desirable
– Some work experience in either a customer or client facing role (including in the hospitality industry), and/or in an office environment dealing with external customers or stakeholders would also be highly desirable.
· Pension with optional salary exchange scheme
· Life Insurance at four times basic annual salary
· Income Protection Insurance
· Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus Statutory Bank Holidays), increasing with length of service
· Professional subscription fees paid
· Benefits platform offering discounts, wellness platform, additional holiday purchase, cycle to work scheme
· Generous recruitment referral scheme
· Social committee organising numerous subsidised events
· Casual dress
· Kitchen stocked with fruit, snacks and breakfast items plus hot and cold drinks
· Flu vaccination
Start date: ASAP