Finance Graduate Location: Heathrow Airport About Ferrovial Construction UK&I Ferrovial Construction is the UK based engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions: Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors, and employees. We design and construct some of the UK and Ireland’s most high-profile transport infrastructure projects. We have the strength and depth to deliver complex major projects in-house, drawing on international expertise and full asset lifecycle capability. We provide our clients with cost-effective, value-added solutions and design and build sustainable assets for people and places Our 2019 turnover was £345m in the UK and globally £4.7bn. Our UK order book is currently £1.35bn and globally £11.4bn. We work in the UK for private and public sector customers on projects and frameworks valued from £50,000 to over £1bn. We maximize potential through continuous professional development and create an equal, inclusive and diverse place to work to drive innovation. At Ferrovial, we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, Integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals. Whilst working on large complex projects, you will be encouraged to achieve your maximum, all the while having support and guidance. An ability to work well in a team is key to the delivery of our projects, so that effective communication skills are critical. Ferrovial prioritizes the mobility of its employees as a means of fostering talent. The company has set up a Global Mobility Portal, which operates as an internal job board where employees can find all openings worldwide. The company is keen for graduates to move overseas and gain experiences of different cultures and business ways and methodologies.
The role Ferrovial Construction is looking for a Finance Graduate to provide support to the team. Ferrovial offers an extraordinary start to a career within Finance, this role is ideal for a candidate who is looking to gain a general overview of financial management. The 3-year graduate development programme is designed to develop personal, professional and technical skills through a blended approach. Upon completion of the scheme there are significant opportunities within the Finance team to involve more ambitious and leadership roles.
Description of Activities to be undertaken
• Processing and accounting of supplier and subcontractor invoices
• Raise invoice queries in a timely manner with suppliers and/or site management teams
• Ensuring that all accounting transactions are recorded timely, accurately and with compliance to relevant standards and principles.
• Managing financial accounting and reporting systems (including Ferrovial bespoke systems and SAP)
• Ensuring payments are processed in line with agreed payment terms and are fully compliant with Ferrovial terms and conditions
• Promoting company values in all dealings with other employees, suppliers, subcontractors, and other external contacts.
Financial Reporting and Analysis
• Providing and interpreting financial information
• Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines
Skills & experience
Skills and Competence We are looking for graduates with:
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels
• Excellent written and oral English language
• Degree or Master’s (All disciplines considered)
• Right to work in the UK & Ireland
• Motivated to learn and add value to the team, the role and the Graduate programme
• Analytical thinker who enjoys problem solving
• A proven team player who can effectively work with others
• Comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines
• Proactive approach to working and learning
• Familiar with all Microsoft packages
Interpersonal Skills: • Highly motivated • Logical thinker with a willingness to learn • Resilient and a flexible approach to working • Results driven with strong communication skills • Works well in a team environment Desirable • Finance experience