About Our Client
Our client is a tech innovator that delivers high quality SaaS (Software as a service) products that address essential business needs for thousands of global brands within PR, marketing, and communications industries. They have over 200 staff across the UK, Australia, and the USA. The group has a portfolio of several companies which fall under its belt including a leading media and political intelligence platform with monitoring, insight, engagement, and evaluation tools that focuses on PR and communication delivery who you would be working for.
The business is looking for a driven Business Development Representative to join their team. The purpose of this role is to make targeted outbound calls and follow up on targeted marketing campaigns to set sales appointments for sales professionals within the New Business team. (Usually setting appointments for Business Development Managers)
The business groups their clients prospects according to size and sector so team members have the opportunity to grow their careers and earnings through selling a larger range of products; selling to larger, more complex clients in differing sectors, and developing as a team leader.
· Generating sales opportunities through high volume, targeted outbound telephone calls, working from lists within the Salesforce CRM system, and through follow up of targeted outbound marketing campaigns.
· Conduct basic research on the company and decision-making unit in order to target your approach.
· Carrying out basic level needs analysis on the phone to establish key areas of interest and obtaining an understanding of an organisation’s communications objectives.
· Developing and maintaining a high level of understanding of the Company’s product portfolio and value proposition and talking about these in context.
· Gaining knowledge of the competitive landscape and using this to the company’s advantage to overcome objections and book high quality meetings.
· Keeping the CRM system up to date with all details of prospects including good quality, detailed notes about each prospect’s current set up and incumbent renewal dates
· Using CRM information to manage and prioritise pipeline and to target senior decision makers.
· Cold calling and networking
· Working with exciting clients such as Hitachi, Prince’s Trust, NICE, BBC and many more.
· Degree (2:1 or above)
· Ambitious and interested in a long-term career in sales
· Articulate with an excellent telephone manner
· Naturally organised and able to prioritise effectively
· Excellent communicator with a positive attitude
· Previous experience of working within a sales environment (6-12 months) is desirable.
· Able and willing to do cold calling. Previous cold calling experience is beneficial but not necessarily essential.
· Persuasive and persistent yet friendly and personable
What’s on Offer
· Competitive starting salary of £24,000 – £25,000 + OTE uncapped
· 25 days paid holiday per year
· Pension Contribution
· Quarterly lunch-club eligibility
· Company Social events
· Long Term Service Awards
· Cycle-to-work Schemes
· State of the art office including gym
· Eligibility for Performance-based awards
· Diverse Work culture
· Career Progression to more senior positions and duties
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
KPIs for roles can vary depending on individual experience and client portfolio but current KPIs for this role can be summarised as follows:
• A minimum of 18 completed discovery meetings per month (phone or web). Meetings set up by BDR and passed to sales rep.
• 60+ dials per day.
• Ensure measurability of targets and KPIs by consistently and regularly capturing Salesforce data to the standards required by the business (inputting contact details, conversation notes, emails follow up tasks).
· You will be trained on all the different systems and resources which you will be using on your day to role to enable you to be a master in your craft.
· Realistic career progression to move within the difference business functions i.e. Business Development Associate (the title used for entry level BDMs), Business Development Manager and Enterprise Solutions Consultant as well as managerial roles.
Start Date: ASAP