About the Job
About Our Client
Our client is an amazing charity based in Berkshire which manages a specialist residential school, young adult provision and a training and development centre. Since 1999, their support team has grown from 20 to 500. They work with young people aged 5 – 25 with autism or complex learning difficulties and have developed a global reputation for their vision, approach and ambition.
They are offering 12 ambitious Graduates an opportunity to work in a challenging and rewarding environment where you will make a difference to young people with autism every day.
Job Brief & Training
Designed to give you insight into the specialist approach they use, and the positive impact they have on their young people and their families, you will start by working as an Autism Practitioner, before moving around the organisation on a number of placements over an 18-month period. By the end of this time you will have experienced the key parts of the organisation and will have the skills and experience to apply for one of their Senior Autism Practitioner or Home Managers roles.
As an Autism Practitioner you will be working with young persons within the school, heading out on a community trip or even reading a bedtime story. The role will involve you being a crucial role model in a young person’s life.
The programme is split into three blocks of six months, made up of placements within their residential, education and foundation departments.
· A degree in any discipline
· Flexible, resilient, ambitious about making a difference
· The right values about wanting to help others in a challenging but rewarding career
What’s on Offer
· Starting salary of £21k with regular increments and a welcome bonus. (£500)
· Industry specific qualifications and continued professional development
· Comprehensive benefits package
· Ongoing support from a dedicated Graduate Development Coordinator
· Additional qualifications under your belt
· A beautiful 50-acre site in West Berkshire for a place of work
· A starting salary of £21k (with increments on completion of each placement)
· Long term career progression to management levels
· Please apply with your CV to be immediately considered.
· A short Video CV will also be required
· If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an assessment day with our client. Full details about the structure of the assessment day will be included with your invitation.
Start Date: September 2020
You must sign in to apply for this position.