Market-leading brand Pharmafile – comprising the Pharmafile.com website, monthly print newspaper Pharmafocus, and a range of other products – is looking for a Journalist/Editorial Assistant to join our team in Central London.
This hands-on position involves strong news/feature writing skills, proofreading abilities and an ability to handle editorial and production processes. It would suit a recent Journalism or English graduate with some experience of writing for print/online publications.
- Source and write exclusive news and features both online and in print
- Research and commission written content from external industry organisations
- Assist in overseeing all editorial and production aspects
- Help to plan and deliver products on time and to budget
- Work closely with the sales team, liaise with advertisers and plan editorial calendars
- Liaise closely with internal teams and external partners, building strong working relationships
- Represent the brand at press events and conferences
- Conduct market analysis and monitor competitor activity closely
- Monitor and maintain social media accounts
- Produce marketing materials, including email marketing and media packs
- Excellent, proven written and journalistic skills
- Demonstrable ability to identify industry trends, source and write news stories for online/print
- Ability to keep to tight deadlines
- Strong research, fact-checking and proofreading/editing skills
- Good interview and question writing skills
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Effective teamwork skills
- Excellent IT (including social media) skills
- A good eye for detail
Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is not essential, but would be an advantage.
If you think you would be suitable, please reply with your CV and a detailed cover letter outlining why you would be suitable for the role, as well as some writing samples.