What we’re looking for:
The PM Intern at Waste Creative works with Project Managers, learning how to manage and produce a wide range of projects across multiple disciplines and platforms. They work with various teams, from Strategy & Creative, to Design, Motion and Client Servicing, helping to deliver content, such as social statics, banners, display ads, web builds, UI & UX development, video, and 2D & 3D animation.
The PM Intern primarily works on low-level projects up to $10k, but may also support Mid-Level PMs on mid-level projects from conception through to delivery.
They should have a basic understanding of roles and capabilities across creative agencies and production houses, as well as a basic technical understanding of tools and applications used.
The successful applicant will have:
- An understanding of Creative, Design, Video, 2D, 3D and Sound roles, functions, capabilities and application
- Basic technical understanding of various production software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Maya, Blender, Octane, Redshift, Unreal etc.) used in production
- A basic understanding of the shoot production process
- A basic understanding of encoding/transcoding, codecs, video formats, file types, frame rates, resolutions
- Fantastic communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to interact with co-workers effectively and appropriately at a variety of levels, across many disciplines
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to pick up challenging projects at any phase, at lightning speed and with enthusiasm
- Experience managing the full project life cycle (including strategy and creative conception)
- UK based
Your duties will be to:
- Work alongside Creative and Production teams to ensure projects are produced to a high standard, delivered on time and within agreed budget
- Support PMs with briefings, planning, scope and quoting low-level projects
- Support PMs with assigning operators, managing reviews, tracking costs and managing project progress
- Support PMs with estimating, tracking and billing with Paprika
- Support PMs with create reports for projects up to $10k
Resource Planning & Collaboration
- Develop an understanding of internal + external talents and their abilities
- With the support of PMs, initiate resource searches with Resource Manager
Waste is a fan-first creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Our clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars) for whom we oversee player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Warner Brothers Games, Sega, Verizon Media and Zynga.
We recently became part of the Keywords family, an international technical and creative services provider to the entertainment industry. We employ 75+ wasters globally, covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. Our HQ is in London, and we work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including being named Content Marketing Agency and Digital Industries (DADI) Agency of the Year by The Drum, and we now rank 10th in The Drum’s World Creative Rankings of the UK’s most awarded agencies. We’re one of Campaign’s Best Places to Work 2021 and one of the UK’s 100 Best Small Companies to Work For, as accredited by Best Companies. Our work has won us awards from shows including Art Directors Club, BIMA, D&AD, Clio, Design Week, The Drum, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards.
We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and fans. A couple of years ago, we started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours, which has since won a D&AD Graphite Pencil and Motionographer Award amongst others. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
Own Your Shit – We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.